Saturday, September 5, 2009

Bruiser Brody by Emerson Murray

I saw this posted today and thought I would share it here. It's a promotional video for a new book about legendary pro-wrestler Bruiser Brody.


Bruiser Brody was not a wrestler I followed at all as a kid. He was actually someone I learned to appreciate when I got into american pro-wrestling and puroresu tape trading back in college.

He was not a technical wizard, but definitely brought his insane (hardcore) style to the forefront. His matches were quite often insane, sometimes spilling into the crowd. His style may be an acquired taste for some, but I find it fun to watch when the mood strikes.

Something of note in this video is Abdullah the Butcher's little clips. So funny hearing wrestlers talk completely out of the character you most know them as. I've heard about him driving around his Cadillac and his BBQ restaurant in GA.

Anyway, this looks pretty cool. I might have to pick it up. It's a little weird seeing a biography that is 8"x8".

You can find it at http://www.bruiserbrody.com




Also throwing a short match on here just to show the Brody style. Good times!

1 comment:

Imposter Jason said...

Ah, Bruiser Brody. Often imitated, never duplicated. I saw a book about him a while ago that I almost bought but was pretty worn out on wrestling autobiographies at the time. I've heard a lot of stories about him causing riots in the crowd and whatnot, but I hear (or I've read) that he was a super nice guy behind the scenes.