Thursday, October 1, 2009

Mexploitation Madness!

This year I have decided to dress up for Halloween (something I rarely do) as a luchador, complete with a nice mask, a suit and an old red briefcase I will use to carry spare masks in!


I'm already practicing being scary!



In honor of one of my go-to genres of film and pro-wrestling, lucha libre...

...inspired by my amazing choice in costume this year (ahem) and the luchador tattoo I have on my chest - designed by yours truly to resemble my own face (yep, I'm that vain)...

...because this month leads right up to El Dia De Los Muertos on November 1 and 2, a celebration both my wife and I have had long term fascinations with (at the very least the aesthetic of it all...

...because Mexican culture in general has been a great interest of mine for many many years...

...and well, fuck, because I just have an itching to watch some trashy Mexican cinema.....

I declare October MEXPLOITATION MONTH on Assorted Loaf.

Get excited

OK, are you done?

I hope it's not a stupid decision for me to jump into another theme once again, but I had a blast digging into Castellari's films last month, and while this will certainly not be as in-depth, it is not a region of film I am all that familiar with.

Obviously I will have a couple, maybe even a handful of lucha films, but I hope to cover a wide variety, but keeping it with the theme of my reviews here lately.

You know, culty trashy, fun.

Here's a peek at some stuff I may be checking out and reviewing in the near future. This is gonna be fun!









2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awesome. You have to review Blood In, Blood Out and Mi Vida Loca. That's some Mexploitation for yo ass.

Matt-suzaka said...

I look forward to what you do for MEXPLOITATION month! I am sadly very unfamiliar with the genre outside of the more well known stuff, and I would be so down with digging into yet another genre in the world of cult cinema!